View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #52
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

June Board Confidence Update

The board are delighted with the leadership qualities I'm demonstrating, with the major contributing factor being the amazing increase in stature the club has experienced since I took charge.

They also ask for my continued patience while they deal with the speculation regarding the club's future.

We made a profit of £2.03 million last month and that is notable, considering that £6.63 million is being spent on the stadium expansion/renovations.

Premier League Updates

Man City's ST Enrique wins the Player of the Month award for May, scoring 5 times in 2 games. Everton fullback Milan Mojsky wins Young Player of the Month, while our young MR Gianluca Bolis comes in second.

Carlos Ancelotti wins Manager of the Month for Man City and I finish in 2nd.

With our 2019-20 fiscal year completed, we saw about a 10% increase in revenues but over 25% more spending, mostly due to Giorgos Gesios's transfer fee. In the end, we lost a little over £200,000 last year…not a bad number, all things considered - hell, we've had three stadium expansions in less than two years!

With the increased capacity, our average attendance skyrocketed to over 8700 per match and with capacity being increased to over 15,000 by November, I expect to see more records for attendance broken this year.

EURO 2020

Italy is hosting the European Championships and at this point, we have two players called up for the event: Greece's Giorgos Gesios and Poland's Lukasz Fabianski.

I send two of my staff members to scout the championship.

Dover Chairman Demands End to Takeover Saga

Chairman Chris Dunphy tells the potential new owners to get their butt in gear in order to give me proper time to work in the upcoming transfer window.

Dunphy goes on to say he will "pull the plug on the take-over if an agreement can't be reached soon".

And just like that…we have a new chairman…

Consortium Complete Dover Takeover

A consortium led by Chris May has successfully completed a takeover of Dover Athletic, replacing former chairman Chris Dunphy.

He reveals that he has "big plans for Dover and there would be changes sooner rather than later at Crabble."

Speculation is that manager NoSkillz will be replaced by Lee Clark. Clark managed Huddersfield for almost 8 years between 2008 and 2016 and most recently had a two year spell at Newcastle. He's been out of management for over a year and a half.

I meet with the new chairman and after thanking me for my patience during a stressful period, tells me that he's pumping almost 15 million pounds into the club's bank account in addition to working on improvements to our training ground and youth facilities.

Wow - that's cool!

Then, ominously, he finishes by saying that "it was always the intention to appoint a new manager following the takeover and a decision on my future at Dover will be made shortly"

I think I'm going to be sick...

Last edited by NoSkillz : 11-18-2013 at 10:52 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote