View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #48
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Damn, I was gonna use New London(or Bristol based off the Hernandez family) I know West Hartford is the nice part from time I've spent running camps at Loomis Chaffee - I guess I just don't know any Hartford distinctions beyond that, so I call the rest "East" Hartford. It's basically one big Here Be Dragons if I'm driving though. New Haven seems like another one that would fall on the list if it weren't for Yale - definitely seemed like one of those areas that you can live/work in for 20 years without a problem if you're a local but can go from real nice to dangerous within a block if you're visiting and decide to walk around.

There's Hartford, West Hartford, and East Hartford. I lived on the WeHa/Hartford line, and taught on the south end of Hartford (which isn't exactly safe, either).

I consider Fair Haven to be part of New Haven. I taught in Fair Haven, and lived in the Westville section of New Haven (a block away from SCSU's campus. It was Westville-bad area-Yale-eh area-Fair Haven. Fair Haven is one of the worst areas in the state for crime, and New Haven was #4 in violent crime in the nation when I lived there. But that definitely isn't the majority of the city.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote