View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #58
Rawhide
High School Varsity

AFC Division Round 2020
Denver Broncos (10-7) at London Monarchs (12-4)

Outside of our division opponents, we have played Denver more times than any other team in our franchise history. Currently the ledger stands 5-2 to the Broncos. Just as critically, the Broncos lead 3-0 in playoff matches. This one is different though; it's at Wembley.

The first half is a bruising affair, with London leading 17-10 at the long break. The Broncos turn the ball over on one occasion trying to get a touchdown instead of a certain field goal, while Ben Ryan has thrown two touchdowns already.

The second half begins with London forcing a fumble on Denver's first offensive play, and Jimmy Graham scores on London's first play thereafter. The Broncos would strike back with ten points in two drives, and London was on shaky ground at 24-20 ahead. Carpenter would extend the lead back out to seven points at three-quarter time.

The fourth-quarter would be a titanic battle, with both teams getting outstanding field position in defense. The Broncos would end up with the ball last, but couldn't get it out of their own half before turning it over on downs. The Monarchs had finally beaten the Broncos in the playoffs!

1Q - 10:16 - Monarchs 3-0 (Carpenter 53 FG)
1Q - 04:37 - Monarchs 10-0 (Shorts 9 pass from Ryan, Carpenter XP)
2Q - 04:57 - Monarchs 10-7 (Bixler 1 run, Borczon XP)
2Q - 02:57 - Monarchs 17-7 (Martin 33 pass from Ryan, Carpenter XP)
2Q - 00:03 - Monarchs 17-10 (Borczon 54 FG)
3Q - 14:39 - Monarchs 24-10 (Graham 12 pass from Ryan, Carpenter XP)
3Q - 10:02 - Monarchs 24-17 (Bohanon 8 pass from Dysert, Borczon XP)
3Q - 04:45 - Monarchs 24-20 (Borczon 45 FG)
3Q - 01:19 - Monarchs 27-20 (Carpenter 23 FG)

Much to the delight of Monarchs fans, the Titans had upset the Dolphins in the division round, meaning that the AFC Championship game would be played on home soil.
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote