View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #72
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I thought Schwartz had at least 6-7 more seasons to really get his guys and his scheme up and going, given their track record with Millen.

That said, Detroit also needs a new QB. I think Stafford has proven well enough that he isn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Schwartz is gone. It was time, but the real issue for the Lions is Stafford. Maybe they can hire a staff that can calm him down and get the most out of him.

I disagree regarding Schwartz, he was the problem in Detroit as proven by his 29-51 record in 5 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The problem with getting "a new QB" is that Stafford signed an extension just before the season. For better or worse, at this point it seems "for worse", the Lions are heavily committed to Stafford financially for the next few seasons at the very least. Their wagon is firmly hitched to his star at the moment.

I have gone rather sour on Stafford over the past couple of years but still believe that Schwartz was the real problem. Reports were that he had lost the team (as evidenced by the plethora of penalties and off-field issues). Stafford makes terrible decisions with the ball and that contract is an albatross around the Lions' neck, but there may be hope for him. He is still young enough that some good coaching can fix his issues (enough of the sidearm crap). Worse case scenario, he may even be tradeable because of his youth and arm strength although I wouldn't hold my breath.

Curious to see who the next schmuck will be in Detroit. At this point, does it really matter? The Ford's have proven they can't hire a competent head coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote