View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 07:29 AM   #479
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Dalton only has one year left on his contract.

Franchise tag him after that last year. That gives him 5 years, if he hasn't made any progress, you move on. He obviously has promise, but he also just as obviously has a lot of work to do.

That loss is on Dalton/Gruden. The defense tried their ass off, limiting SD's points off the first few turnovers, but there was only so much they could do.

The clear book on Dalton is you blitz him, he can't handle it. So what did the Bengals do? They had no hot routes called when SD was blitzing from every which way. Not sure if that is Dalton's fault for failing to audible into a quick pass, or Gruden for having a shit game plan. But overall, you have to put it more on Dalton than anyone else, because even with Bernard's fumble, the Bengals were up 10-7 going into the half. The horrible throw off the back foot for an INT followed by the horrible throw to a blanketed Eifert for another INT are all on him.

I really think the team has to move on from Marvin at some point, but I am not sure if Brown will ever follow through on that as long as Brown is making his money.

Last edited by Butter : 01-06-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote