View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #5457
Johnny93g
College Starter

An updated list as I've seen most of what I want to see

1. The Wolf of Wall Street
It would be hard for me to enjoy a movie more then this. As good as a movie released in the last 5 years. Instant classic
2. All is Lost
I think Redford is a very underrated actor, and he's incredible in this. I loved it from start to finish. It's probably not for everyone, but it's really great story telling, at it's simplest.
3. American Hustle
The acting, the clever plot, the crazy characters, it's a fun ride.
4. Prisoners
Great film stuck with me for a while after watching it. Not a dull moment during the 2.5 hour running time.
5. The Way Way Back
Familiar story, but great movie. Sam Rockwell is becoming one of my favourites. He's great in everything
6. Mud
What a great cast. Got better watching it a 2nd time.
7. Gravity
Very interesting film. I generally like "realistic" space movies. Not really sci fi, but the stuff that takes place in a manner that's somewhat believable. Clooney and Bullock were excellent, and like All is Lost, i felt it was easy to put myself in these characters place, making it very easy to understand what they were going through.
8. Dallas Buyers Club
I don't know where i heard it, but Matthew McConaughey has gone from Burt Reynolds to Paul Newman. These are good roles, and he's giving great performances.
9. Her
Phoenix was fantastic, and i feel a different actor, or a worse performance would have really hurt the story, which i don't think is as strong its' reputation suggests.
10. Ain't them bodies saints
It's a interesting story, told in a different way. The music is incredible, and I feel Keith Carradine deserves an Oscar nomination as he stole the movie. I dropped this, as i think it's a difficult movie to watch more then once.

I still want to see:
Saving Mr Banks
Nebraska
The World's End
Walter Mitty
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote