View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #62
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorius View Post
I feel if the CPU was able to open the box and use gameplans such as these, they would be more competitive, and consequently the statistics would fall more in line with modern day numbers as well (I know some people noted that they wished that the stats would reflect more modern day numbers, especially with respect to passing stats - I feel that having more varied gameplans would solve this problem).
Actually, if you listen to the pre-release podcast, Jim makes it clear that he has a set of variables that he can tweak to make the game produce the stats that he wants them to. He has made it clear that he does not think that what you call a "problem" is a "problem." The game is producing the kinds of stats he wants it to produce. Basically he's saying that having the game generate stats that reflect the last few years of the NFL would be bad for business. Check out his blog post about this and the comments section underneath: Football Frontier » Blog Archive » The Challenges of Pigskin Simulation in a Bull Market

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 01-13-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote