View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #426
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Help!

So I am playing Classic mode and I cannot win, ever! For instance, I take over Newcastle and have a nice first year, finishing 6th place and Euro qualify. The next year I am barely above the drop line, rally late and finish 12th. Hot seat. The team is bought out, they double my wage budget and give me $60+M in transfer money. I go a little wild and upgrade a few positions, get some depth and once again, hovering around the drop line and I get fired.

Now, when I say I upgrade positions, I have to admit, I go entirely by star ratings, which I can't help but think is hurting me. Also, I don't know a thing about tactics. I basically looked up a good one to use for Newcastle and went with that. Later I realized in Classic mode, you can use any tactic at anytime and not be penalized, so I started switching around, usually going with what my scout says the opponent is most vulnerable to. Doesn't help.

So, any help on what I am doing wrong? I know I can highlight the attributes that are important to a particular position, but it is all sort of meaningless to me. Is a 13 in heading good enough? do I need an 18?

I've searched far and wide for a real basic beginners guide, but they all assume you have some soccer knowledge. I've bought this game for 3 seasons now, and love how it plays, I just don't get it.

So anyway, would anybody give me a team to play in the Premier league, tell me what their strengths are, and why they are strengths...what are the weaknesses and why are they weaknesses....what tactic to use and why? Why is this 3 star guy great and this other one is averaging a 6.5? Anything that explains why I should be doing something would be of tremendous help. I mean, I can read dynasties and help guides and it says to sign this guy and play this tactic, but that doesn't help me learn why.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote