View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #39
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I would also like to give a shout-out to Tropico IV, which has probably been my favorite city building game since Impressions lost their touch.

Tropico is definitely a fun game. It doesn't hold much challenge though and that gets old. Once you get sugar/tobacco and rum/cigar plants running, it's a cakewalk. I played the campaign on Tropico 3, Tropico 4 and the 4 expansion and I don't remember ever losing or even coming close to losing. But it's a good suggestion!

So is the Anno series, which I prefer to Tropico or perhaps even the old Impressions series. I prefer Dawn of Discovery to Anno 2070 because I find it easier to relate to good and production that I'm familiar with rather than futuristic stuff. Plus, I hate the underwater building thing. But I find Dawn of Discovery truly great, especially the scenarios where the combat is turned off. You can make some wonderful and beautiful cities in it. It's all about supply chain management and it can get very complicated. It's easily my favorite city builder since Simicity 4.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote