View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #325
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I'm up to year 18 of my first village. I've had two points where my town basically reset itself: at year 3 I had built up to about 17/2/11 when about a half-dozen adults starved to death over the winter, and then in around year 8 or so I worked my way up to 28/6/7 but didn't focus enough on food and ended up losing dozens of folks to starvation over the next couple years, reaching a low point of 8/1/4 in year 10.

Things seem to have stabilized and in the 7 years since I've edged back up to 15/3/4. I've made a concerted effort to bank way more food then ever before, and I'm not building anything new until I have the current infrastructure humming along at max capacity for 2-3 winters without any massive consequences.

One thing I find strange: the people age at a faster rate than the town. It seems as though they age about 1 year per season. That feels like a curious decision to me, and sort of bothers me.

The age thing isn't curious at all. If you had accurate aging, the game would take forever or the seasons would pass in about 5 seconds, which would ruin the impact. Really, there's no other good option if you think about it.

---

It's up to year 35 for the town of Gleede. We have 300+ folks, three separate town centers (marketplaces), two churches, stone houses for everyone, two mines, one quarry, 4 docks (one produces 1,700 fish/yr by itself) and everything else you could want. We have cherry and peach orchards producing the sweetest fruit you've ever eaten and our crops are corn, wheat, beans, pumpkin and potatoes. We have beef, mutton and chicken and there's more venison than you can shake a stick at. Three woodcutters keep us warm in the winter and our sustainable management program gives us plenty of wood, berries, mushrooms and other delectable bits.

Well, that's the news from Gleede, where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

---

Of course, one well-placed tornado in South Gleede would destroy a good portion of the farms and pastures...but that never happens, does it?

Last edited by Blackadar : 03-04-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote