View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #448
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Well, I thought I finally had a viable career going, then POOF!

Took the reigns at Puerta Bonita at the lowest level of the Spanish Leagues. They had just been promoted to the lowest playable level, so expectations were low. I managed to land a couple of veteran leaders and then stock up on young kids with lots of potential. I ended up managing them to a 2nd place finish and we won the promotional playoff to advance up to LIGA Aldente (sp?).

Second year, the payroll went up some and we added the mandatory seating to get it up to 10K. Started the first half pretty well, getting up to around 10th place at the halfway mark. Second half, we lost two key players and plummeted to the bottom of the league and were relegated.

Third year, expectations are no more than mid table, but I've got a negative vibe from the boardroom. Given how well I did in the first year, you would somehow think that the injury-riddled relagation wouldn't be that big of a deal. Instead, it hounded me until they finally booted me after I got sick of their constant harrassment despite being in mid-table as was expected.

***sigh***

Back to the drawing board because no one would hire my fired coach.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote