View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #449
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks to all the advice from a few weeks ago, I am totally immersed in my save. I started with the Wolves and moved them all the way up to the PRM division, but I couldn't really move into the top half of the table due to low wage budget and transfer budget (plus my inability to determine good cheap buys and utilize the free transfers). I ended up down loading a home and an away 4-3-3 tactic that I like. I enjoy trying to fit my team around this tactic and create the team. I am still playing FMC and instant resulting everything.

The Tottenham job opened and they hired me. It took a while but I finally won the PRM division after several top 3 finishes and looked on my way to defend the title with about 8 games left. Out of nowhere my star DC got all cranky about squad size. Instead of assuring him that he is still my starter, I basically told him to screw off and not worry about it. He got super pissed, it killed the squad harmony and we went something like 1W-1D-6L down the stretch to fall into 4th place. I had to sell him.

In the meantime, I made 3 Champions Cup finals, but lost to Barcelona, Man U and then Man U again on penalties. The 2 Man U losses were in back-to-back years. The year of my PRM division meltdown, I torched Barcelona 6-2 agg in the 2nd knockout round, but we got blasted by some 2nd rate squad in the quarters due to the total meltdown.

It is the 2028-2029 season now and we are atop the division once again with 13 games to play and heading into the Champ Cup knockout rounds. I feel like I need to win that damn cup to have a complete career. I'll probably move on from Tott once I do it and take over a lower level team again now that I have a good grip on the game.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote