View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #499
PilotMan
Head Coach

That's good info flere. I tend to play LL almost exclusively. I agree with what you are saying. Probably what is happening is that I'm too aggressive with my offense. I tinker quite a bit with small changes and have a good feel for the tactics that I feel work.

For example lately I've been very successful with a 442 setup using a control offense, retain possession, short passes, high tempo game. I generally let my defenders close on troublesome players and tackle hard.

Try and avoid really aggressive players as they will get carded significantly more, but rely on high determination and physical skill sets. It's also a plus if they have high workrate and/teamwork skills. I don't typically keep prima donnas on the squad. You have to be a cohesive unit to really find success.

I like to attack from the wings, so having speed there, from the wing backs and the wingers is prime. Good dribbling/crossing skills as well. My midfield have to be generally good physical guys with good dribbling/passing/technical numbers.

Up top it's not hard to find good target guys to go with good speed guys.

I was just wondering if anyone really goes to lock their opponent down every single game, or has really good directions. While I can be successful, it's typically offensively, but if I could also find superb defensive tactics it could be that much better.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote