View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #191
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Because of how selfish he was, I pull Skolnik for today’s away game vs Zenit here in Russia. I am starting Javi in the AMC spot and Lucas Castro out left. DJ is in my starting spot. We thumped them 3-1 last time we played them here. I begin defensively, obviously. Lucas Castro on a counter finds Rondon who shoots, its blocked, and Candeais finds the rebound and puts it away in the 4th minute. 2 minutes later, Rondon sinks the Castro cross. Unfortunately, they score back in the 23rd. But our nice options keep them away the rest of the half and its 2-1. Alright, let’s keep it up! Daniel is getting beat up badly so I pull him for Skolnik and switch sides with Castro. They’ve picked up a pair of bookings Then another. All in the 60s. Let’s start hassling folks, maybe we can get them to fight back. Francisco Castro head sin for Djaniny. Skolnik intercepts a ball deep, runs, finds Franny onsides who runs in for a lovely break away goal in the 81st. Friere gets a yellow so I through in Mexer. I pull off hassling. Just like our first game here last year, we come in and win 3-1 defending. MOM is Rondon. Special lads!

We win 1m for the victory. After two games, here is the Group:

FC Bayern – 6, +3 GD
Valencia – 3, 0
Nacional da Madeira - 3, +1
Zenit – 0, -4

That’s not too shabby. Assuming we lose again to Valencia away and win against Zenit in our place, we need to steal some points from FC Bayern and we might sneak out with 7 points.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote