View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #3
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

19 July 2012

The last two days have been busy. Yesterday, we played an intra-squad friendly, which the Reserves (mostly made up of Senior Squad members) won, 2-1, on a late goal by striker Richard Claydon. I have my assistant, Andrew Randall, handling all the friendlies, at least for now.

When I realized there were several unemployed physios who were a little better than our guy, I sacked him and made an offer to Lyndsey Veness. She accepted the offer today, and we welcome her to Team Alfredians.

And, today we received word that Dominic Genovese has accepted the position of Director of Football. Genovese is 51, and he played for four English clubs before entering management. After stints with Spalding United, Kettering Town, and Grantham Town, he moved to Peterborough Northern Star, where he was their U-18 manager until today.

I'm going to delegate several tasks to Genovese. He'll find new clubs for our outgoing transfers and loans, and because he's a better scout than Tom Holmes, he'll have quite a bit of authority over our scouting program. Genovese is also an extremely good Motivator (14), so if it's possible for him to take some team talks, I'd like to give him a shot at it sometime.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote