View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #209
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sebastian Peratta has announced he will retire at the end of the season. Can he go out with a win for Nacional da Madeira? I recommend management, and he agrees.

December 30th has arrived – time to see who has a contract coming up in 6 months. Who can we get for our team next year?

What do I need?

These players are currently leaving (of note) this year:

Daniel Candeais.
Sequeira
Seastian Peratta
Mexer
Fabian Ruiz

I like Daniel, we’ve had great years with him. But, he’ll be 28 in February. How much longer can we realistically have him? If I can find someone better, I feel obliged to do just that. Now, I like Danny. In the three years as a starter for me he has:

63 apps, 16 goals, 27 assists, , 7.17, 7, 15, and 7.30 ratings. That’s very respectable stuff. If he was 24, I’d reup him happily. He’s not. Always. Be. Growing. Now, I replaced Skolnik, and then decided to keep him anyway. We might do that with Danny C too, but for now, he’s slotted to be replaced.

My guess is that next year Costa will replace Friere in the starting DC spot. Mexer won’t have value anymore as my suddenly 4th , so he’s free to leave. That means I have a space for my 4th DC. But I can figure that out later.

So my first goal is to find a new MR, if possible. I suspect I’ll sign Ruiz back for a new deal soon. In fact, I just go ahead and offer him a deal for squad rotation now for a few years.

What we like about Candeais as a winger in attack mode is his speed – 15/15. 15 agility, 13/12 cross/pass, 14 dribble, 15 flair, 13 otb and 10 decisions along with a 13 technique. I can’t swap Danny out for someone who is fas but not a good passer or vice versa.

Let’s look at two options:

25 year old Henri Lansbury, of Nottingham Forest.

14/15 speed, 15/14 cross, pass, 13 balance, agility, 15 dribbling, 14 technique, 12 decisions, 14 flair, 15 otb. Not a bad option

23 year old Stefano Magnasco, of FC Groningen

15/15 speed, 13/12 cross, pass, 11 balance, 14 agility, 12 dribblie, technique, 12 decisions, 11 flair, 12 otb.

I can go for the cheaper, better Lansbury. Or the more expensive, younger Magnasco.

Do I want the 25 year old who is better?

I make Lansbury the offer.

I look to see if any other talent is obviously a great pickup for us. I’m still not happy with Andrei Marc at the DMC spot. I could bring in a great DMC, and move him with Freire to be our DC backups. The Basque wonderkid was a natural DMC too.

We love Dennis Praet, 21 years old, great stats (like 17 passing), but not good DMC stuff. Horrible marking and tackling for this level (7 each) as an example. I send out some enquiries for some younger DMCs that I might be able to sign, since I Can’t find a good one for free coming of a contract soon.

WOAH. I found my guy and made him a great offer. I found a Danish stud in my neck of the woods. He wasn’t that interested in my club We’ll see what happens soon. Will he sign?

Ruiz does.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote