View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #14
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I'm honestly surprised EJ didn't make the 30 man roster, but I completely understand it. He is the dude most likely to cause some locker-room drama during the tournament, and we are a team who doesn't need any additional distractions, especially from a borderline player.

He pretty much talked himself off this team over the last 7-8 months, which is miraculous. That being said, I didn't think Klinsmann would leave him out of camp entirely. It's definitely the headline for today.

I'm surprised Joe Corona got called in, as I don't think he really has a chance to make the 23 in this group, and as much as I love Deandre Yedlin he is nowhere near ready. Timothy Chandler is a calculated move, and I understand it, though I was personally hoping he'd be left off.

The subtext of everything is that Klinsmann is lying awake at night scared about the LB and RB situation. He called in almost everyone on the radar for this 30 man camp, and I imagine he's hoping some surprises emerge.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote