View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #30
Icy
Pro Starter

Spanish 30 men list, to be cut to 23.
Looking at it, we could have probably two full teams able to have a good run in the WC.

GK: Casillas, Reina, De Gea

Def: Azpilicueta, Piqué, Ramos, Jordi Alba, Alberto Moreno, Javi Martínez, Albiol, Juanfran, Carvajal

Mid: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Koke, Iturraspe, Xavi, Thiago, Pedro, Navas, Silva, Cesc, Mata, Cazorla, Iniesta

Att: Diego Costa, Villa, Torres, Negredo y Llorente.

The "surprises" are:

De Gea: With Valdes out he was the logical choice after the good season in Manchester. He is the future substitute for Casillas as Reina is too old and in fact brought to the team because how good team player he is more than because his GK skills.

Arlbeloa out, not really a surprise for anybody. Really hard worker, but not enough quality for the national team, nor for R.Madrid either imho.

Iturraspe: Had a great season with Bibao but he won't make the final 23.

Carvajal: Was named right winger of the year in Germany past season, and had a good one this year in R.Madrid too. Will compete with Juanfran for the right wingback, Juanfran will end having it because he is more experienced i think.

I think we have a great chance, the problems are Xavi and Xavi Alonso getting old and not having great seasons, both also more injury prone now. On the other hand, Diego Costa is a great new addition and the fighting Striker we have not had for a while, also none of our other strikers besides Llorente have had a really good season this year in their teams.

Btw, no matter how I like Costa, I don't think it's fair to have in the national teams in any sport players that have not been born in that country or at least to have lived there since kids. For a top pro player is to easy to get the new nationality but I wonder how Spanish is Costa in his heart, this is just a chance to win the WC as it was not sure he would go with Brasil. It's like when i see top African runners running for Denmark in the Olympics just because money, stripping the poor African countries from their top stars.

Last edited by Icy : 05-14-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote