View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #27
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

25 August 2012

Wokingham & Emmbrook hired a new manager this week. I'm not sure if they sacked their man before or after our match the other day,but at an rate, they have a new man on the job.

Speaking of new men on the job, we don't have any this week. Hopefully the clubs that are pursuing our players will find some new targets, because I'm happy with the way our side is shaping up.

Highmoor Ibis 3-4 Wantage Town
Palmer Park Stadium, Reading

4-4-2
GK: O'Donnell
D: Cressey, Jatto, Price, Woolsey
M: Kellow, Dormer, Sumner, Noble
ST: Adams, Wilson

Alfredians Goals: Wilson (5, 58, pen 81), Barfoot own goal
Shots: 9-12
On Target: 4-6
Possession: 52-49
Fouls: 9-7
Corners: 2-1

Man of the Match: Sam Wilson (9.5)
Honorable Mention: Jack Adams (8.8)
One to Forget: Geraint Price (5.5), Ben Cressey (5.7)

Sam's hat trick was the highlight of a back-and-forth contest that we trailed 3-2 after 56 minutes. Wilson squared things , and put a penalty past the keeper to win it. A lot of the Highmoor Ibis supporters thought Sam dived, but the opinion that mattered was that of the referee. After the match, all I would say was that the official awarded a penalty, so that was that.

Poor Ed Barfoot, the Highmoor Ibis back, had a rough afternoon. Not only did he score an own goal, he was lucky to escape with only a lecture after he challenged the referee's decision on the penalty.

The victory is our third straight, and we've moved up to second place, behind Oxford Nomads.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 05-14-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote