View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #15
Suicane75
Coordinator

1974 Lambertville Tigers Season Preview

Entering the 1974 season I am extremely worried about our teams pitching. Dale Wooley at only 24 is already showing diminished velocity and I fear his arm is going. Tim Malorgan is 31 years old and his arm too is beginning to fade. Bill Auld and Matt Richardson, who have never been more than swingmen/spot starters will man the other two rotation spots. It's really a patchwork of rather underwhelming arms at this point. In the bullpen, what had been our very solid backend combo of Charlie Leigh and Grant Bingham are also wearing down. Really the only highlites on our entire staff are the youngsters Clinton Withey and Shawn Stryska. 21 Year old Vince Rodd, a really good lefty will also join our pen.

On the offensive side we continue to have to compensate for the decline of LF Josh Widgery and SS Steve Horst, new comer Joe Augustine who joined the team late last season will have a more prominent role in our outfield this year. Incumbent 3B Jamie Truscott who has manned the hot corner for us all 4 seasons of the leagues existence, was beat out by a young slugger named Frederic Thornhill. Thornhills power is legit but he struggles against righties.

In the end it comes down to whether we can hit enough to compensate for what I suspect will be below average starting pitching.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote