Shower 9° C

4-4-2 Diamond
GK: Halsall
D: Conkleton, Jatto, Price, Hendry
DM: Tessem
M: Cumming-Bart, Hall
AM: Dyer
ST: Adams, Bennett

Alfredians Goals: Jack Adams (1), Geraint Price (45+2)

Naturally, with only three days between fixtures, I had to rotate a few guys into the side today. It would have been great to take three points today, but we'll take the one we got.

Jack scored in the first 20 seconds of the match, and at first I think we all thought we'd roll to another victory. But Flackwell Heath played us tough in the first match of the Hellenic League schedule, and they did the same thing today. They equalized at 23 minutes, and then Joe Conkleton was called for a penalty that they converted. It was a harsh call, but I have to keep my mouth shut; I've been warned by the FA already.

Fortunately, Geraint beat one of their center backs to the ball off a corner and put it in the back of the net to square the match back up.

The second half was mostly uneventful until the 83rd minute, whenConkleton tangled up with Heathens' Steffen Ball and fell awkwardly. The injury was even worse than it looked; Joe's leg is broken, and he won't be able to play again until next summer. I feel terrible for him; he's a good guy and a talented player, and I hope he comes all the way back next year.

The fixtures are coming fast and furious now. Highmoor Ibis comes to town in three more days.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote