View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 12:29 PM   #78
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Oh, and I can't believe I posted about this about everywhere but not in here... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN!!!

Seriously, exactly one year ago today, on May 30th 2013, I went out the door to take a little walk. I had just tested for my 3rd dan in karate a few days before and having worked hard to regain fitness, I was determined to not let that fitness go to waste. I'd always hated running but I wanted to at least get walking. That evening, that walking went to some running from time to time. 38 minutes that changed my life. I had discovered something magical, something liberating.Since that Thursday evening, I have run/walked a little over 2000 km (1245 miles) and have lost another 8 pounds on top of the 35 pounds I had lost before that day. No, all those miles were not easy. Some rain, some snow, some pains left and right, wake up calls early in the morning, some days when I really didn't want to get out of bed, but always with one goal in mind, to push back my limits. I'm competing with myself here, I want to know how far I can go and I'm amazed with every little victory, may it be a new long distance, or a new PR (personal record) for a set distance. And you know what? I'm fully convinced there's still plenty of PR in that body of mine!

I feel better than ever, in the best shape I've been in a long time, ready to face all the challenges life is willing to throw at me...

FM