View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #93
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
How do you feel about the training load from the previous time through the HH half plan? It maxes out at about what? 30-40 mpw or so right? You do it in km, so I guess that would be around 60km a week I think?

You mentioned that you were uping your miles from his plan some. Looks mostly to be an additional 2-3 miles mid-week on your easy runs, a few more reps on speed work and you pushed your long runs about 15 minutes longer too right?

What does that end up putting you at for miles per week?

You are pretty fast, I would love to see what you could accomplish by being able to increase your workload even more per week and further up your aerobic fitness. It is always a fine line between overtraining and optimal training though as you look for increases.

I was okay with the load the first time around but I'm being careful not to go up by too much, especially since I'm training for a half marathon anyway. I was careful last Summer and I want to do it that way again this time around.

The increase is not straight, with the races and shuffling of some long runs, but overall, I totaled 362.3 miles planned for the first time and it's 399.5 miles for this cycle, so 37 miles more, over 12 weeks, about 3 more miles per week.

It peaked at 40 miles last time around and will again peak at about the same mileage but I will have three consecutive weeks at that mileage now, instead of having only one peak then go back down.

Attached is a week by week mileage comparison, new plan is on the left...

FM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miles compare.jpg (34.0 KB, 21 views)