View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #2015
hoopsguy
General Manager

Long time no post. I've been floating between 175-179 for most of the year and hoping that I'm able to break through that 175 pound threshold by the end of the month.

After a really lethargic first part of the year, I've gotten out running the last couple of months. About 40 miles/month for April and May, while running about 10-12 times per month. Got a couple of 5k runs in. Now that I've got a work assignment that is local and scheduled to run through the end of the year, I think the time is right to actually get a little more regular with my running schedule. I'm going to follow the Hal Hidgon intermediate 5k plan.

Hal Higdon Training Programs

Have the first week in the books (well, long run tomorrow) and just trying to ease into the idea of running 5x a week instead of 3x. I'm legitimately taking it easy on the "easy" runs rather than finding some sliver of a personal best to go after as a challenge for myself every run. Like, "hey, if I push myself at the end here I can get a top 3 400m time!" Which I think is fine to do from time to time, but if I'm upping my mileage then I don't want to end up gimping myself chasing after some largely meaningless accomplishment. Bigger picture in mind.

Beyond that, my wife and daughter are joining me in doing a 30 day ab challenge from Facebook. I was pretty confident that I would win this challenge, but they have both survived so far and today was the first day where I felt some suffering trying to do my reps. I'm quite sure someone will tap out next week, just hoping it isn't me.
30-day-abschallenge_zps6b51b597.png Photo by louisemcentee | Photobucket

Beyond that, it would be good to finally kick the Coke habit. I usually stick to 1/day on weekends, but the workday routine gets me having 2/day. Zero would be a nice lifestyle change, along with packing a lunch instead of eating out every day. I think those are changes that I can/will integrate and hopefully see some results on the scale.

I'll look to record weekly numbers, at least for the summer, so Radii has some company in here. Would really like to see what I can do on a 5k this fall if I manage to shed 7-10 pounds ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote