View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #577
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I move Komorski back to start. Go punch Liverpool in the face!Our defensive strategy has kept a relatively quiet half until Komorski crosses to Stepinksi for a goal in the 43rd. Half. Keep it up! Liverpool answers in the 49th. Rodrigues and Komorski both are booked. I sub in Teikeu. I need to get someone on my front 11 with long throws like this guy has. They are great- lots of fun to watch. They score a long shot in the 82nd. I send in Luis Carlos and Agra. I move to Control and very high tempo. Agra gets free but his shot is just pushed aside for a corner. Two more corners ensue, but no goals follow. We lose 2-1. Ah well. Just unlucky there!

We still won the group, although tied with Liverpool on points, with a +2 GD. Nope that’s second, sorry, we won because we had the better result with Liverpool.

Benfica defeaed Elfsborg 3-0, Porto over St-Etienne 3-1, and Olympaikos over Bayern 1-0. So Bayern is out. And Portugal won all three Group Stages. Which we think is pretty nifty keen cool.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote