View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #602
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Next up are the two Porto/Benfica matches, here in Portugal, against Liverpool and Man City. Now one tied and the other one away. Hopefully, Portugal will show the better class and smash both.

Plus I’d rather play against Porto or Benfica in a quarter final than anyone else out there.

So Porto wins 2-1. Liverpool is out. Porto is class, they won the Champions last year, that’s no surprise. 5-3 aggregate - won both legs by a goal.

Now, Benfica is odd.

Benfica went into Manchster and just turtled up. No one break their defense, and they never really tested Man City’s either. The idea was to get some goals here in Portugal. So Man City used the same strategy. They also turtled up. And both game ended 0-0. No goals at all. Extra time, nothing. So penalty kicks!

And Benfica wins.

And Portugal gets at least two teams into the Quarters. Plus England lost three out of four teams. If Dortmund were to surprise Tottenham, then no English club even makes it to the 2019/2020 Quarter Finals. That’d be awesome!

I decline an interview with Schalke.

Man City offer me one. They fired their coach after the Benfica loss. That I accept. They want attacking football and big name signings. Sure! I could sign Rocker or Driussi or Rodrigues or someone.

Now we head to fight Benfica. Wow we only just stop a goal in the 3rd from Benfica by it hitting the post, it was shot so nicely. Driussi mines the goal for a score in the 11th. That’s the way to start nany! And then Strandberg gets a goal in the 15th. Last in the half, Benfica get a red card for a double footed tackle on Montesi . I pull out Stepinski after he gets a booking. Go get them Barrios! They turtle, and I let them. We win 2-0. Ineed ot keep my squad in shape for the Napoli game in three days. MOM is Driussi.

Now both Porto and us have made it through the Benfica grinder 2-0 on the road.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote