View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 11:29 PM   #605
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Having lost at home 2-1, Olympiakos hopes for a miracle today in Italy against Juventus.

Meanwhile, having tied Paris at home, Barcelona heads to France to try to win either with a tie bigger than 1-1 so they can win on away goals, or with a victory.

The odds favor Juventus and Paris, both of the home clubs today.

But as we saw last time, the odds don’t matter when you get this high. Anyone can beat anyone. After all, even Olympiakos went on the road and defeated Bayern to knock them out of the Group Stage.

As expected, Paris is able to hold off any sort of Barcelonan surge. They throttle Barcelona 3-1 and dominate the aggregate.

Now, Olympiakos has already shown it can win in the road this year against Bayern, and with all due respect to Italy, Juventus is no Bayern Munchen. Can they do it twice?

No. Juventus edge them 1-0 at home and Greece has fallen.

And now Napoli is here. The Dortmund-Tottenham match is played at the same time, and smart money is on Tottenham to win. Alons-y! Not much early, and then Napoli just outrun our defense and score on a break in the 33rd. I slide back to counter to counter their speed. We had a few chances go begging with misses. Then Schaap hits Stepinski in the 45th minute. Half time 1-1 score. Keep it up! They are just flying all over this pitch and getting to my attack before it can get started and hitting me quickly in the back. So I just move to defensive, retain possession, etc. I sub in Teikeu and move the DMC role to just defensive middie, defending. I send in Barrios to do some tackling. Rui heads in too. Then late, Ruiz’s goal kick heads deep and finds Rocker attacking, shot on target, deflected, falls to Rui P who puts it away in the 86th. And we turtle and win 2-1. MOM is Driussi. Good win!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote