View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #478
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Nov 13, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (5-5-6, 13th BSBN) vs AFC Telford (9-5-2, 4th BSBN)

We're an 11:5 underdog on the road in the first meeting of two clubs in my tenure. Stick with 4-4-2 Diamond Standard to open

GK: McDonald
D: Holden, A.Jones, Williamson, Groves
MF: Clarke, Mutero, Whitaker, Paratore
F: Rickard, Cofie
Available Subs: (Seidu, Davies, Clarke-Harris,Slaughter, Dovey)

7' - A rocket from the point by Jones just simply beats McDonald (0-1)
9' - Paratore answers almost immediately after some nifty passing(1-1)
19' - Their turn, Brown pots his 50th league goal for Telford (1-2)
34' - Andrai Jones header off a corner kick by Whitaker ties it (2-2)
38' - Rickard takes a knock, has to come off. Sub Davies ... Mutero to ST

Halftime - Wide open & end to end. I encourage the club & particularly try to lift the so-so strikers.

61' - Jones just missed wide left after yet another turnover in our own end.
Having trouble maintaining possession anywhere on the pitch
62' - Sub Slaughter (for Holden, 5.7)
78' - Cofie has a one-on-one try, slips it wide left
81' - Williamson puts a header on net after a long corner by Whitaker but it's saved
84' - Davies with a great cross to give Paratore a shot from the penalty spot but it's wide right
84' - Sub Clarke-Harris (for Mutero, exhausted)
86' - Cofie with a short run to the left wing, has plenty of options, goes to Paratore, who has even more options ... finds Clarke-Harris who SCORES !
(3-2) Switch to Contain
90' - A turnover at midfield, a quick counterattack and Dobson ties it (3-3)

Fulltime: Blyth 3 - AFC Telford 3
Sigh. Nice to get a point on the road, disappointing in how we snatched one from the jaws of three. Telford's Brown is MOM but Paratore had a very nice 8.2 performance, A.Jones 7.6 wasn't bad either. Nice of Clarke-Harris to almost immediately reward me for subbing him in, breaking a drought of more than 600 minutes.

Nov 20, 2013 (postmatch)
Rickard sustained a serious ankle sprain in that heavy fall that sent him off. He'll be out 6-7 weeks.
Nothing unusual from the press conference and nothing notable otherwise after the match either.

Mutero bitches to the press about playing time. I reluctantly warn him that if his attitude doesn't change then the transfer list awaits.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-22-2014 at 10:35 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote