View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 12:14 AM   #494
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dec 14, 2013 (morning)
Our U18s played a group match vs Tonbridge, winning 1-0.

Branker scores off an unselfish pass from Robson at 18'. And, thanks to that, we escape. Tommy Smyth (7.5) was MOM thanks to a solid defensive effort. Gary Pemberton (7.4) and Alex Donald (7.1) added to a good backline.

DC Rory McKeever will miss 4-5 weeks due to a twisted ankle.

Dec 15, 2013 (morning)
Trialist LD Dean Howell has left the club after agreeing to terms with Sutton Utd of BSBS.

Dec 15, 2013 (afternoon)
Our U18s played a fitness friendly at Billingham Syn,

Similar to the senior squad friendly, there are some different mix-and-match combinations to the lineup and the subs here as we try to get everyone some playing time.

A scoreless first half as both clubs had some chances that weren't cashed in.

Jack Harrison finally breaks through for us with a goal at 71', a brief spark of life in an otherwise drab game. Unintentional comedy struck at 89:46 as Dombaxe backpassed two feet away to Daly, who then all but wrapped the ball with a bow before giving it to Myers for Billingham to blast home for a tie.
Defies description, or belief.

Tons of 6.8 and 6.9 ratings, we didn't suck particularly, just a mind bogglingly stupid moment led to a sad little draw. On the outs DL Matthew Martin was MOM was a 7.1