View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 09:01 AM   #516
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 2, 2014 (morning)

So, back to the roster.

Kieran Gonzalez, who is here on a rolling expired contract, fails to see the wisdom in leaving to seek a better situation elsewhere. I tried.

Michael Pearson, see above.

Ditto Will Antwi, although his refusal at least makes some sense due to being under contract until June.

The problem here is that I really need to move some of the dead weight in order to resign some of the players I'd like to keep.

The limited available funds play a role in watching as trialist Cadamarteri signs with Gloucester and potential signee French striker Wesley Ngo Baheng joins Braintree.

-----------

Jan 3, 2014 (morning)

Assistant coach Chris McCabe has extended his deal through the end of next season.

Reece Hands is bitchy. I pretty much tell him he's free to go. He's bitchier ... but isn't smart enough to just walk away from his whopping $150/wk contract.

------------

Jan 4, 2013 (morning)

Our U18s played a league match at Dover,

Unusual lineup today featuring several players who haven't seen regular playing time at all. If we can't use them against the worst team in the U18 league, then, well ... "experts" don't agree with my decision, they're picking Dover. Nwachuku heads one home off an assist from Armstrong at 28'. Armstrong banks one in off the upright at 44'. No call on a handball, they score moments later at 50'. We have a Goodall goal wiped out on a questionable offside call at 52'. Goodall gets his goal on a direct free kick at 61'. Goodall feeds Branker on a breakway at 64' and we're in control. Goodall leaves with an injury at 83', still earns MOM honors with an 8.9

No news from the physio, apparently Goodall will be okay