View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #522
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Time to start a doubleheader of matches

January 11, 2014 (morning, continued)

Our U18s played a league match at Sutton Utd, winning 6-0.

Off to a flyer at 4' on an uutstanding goal by Ferguson, after an offensive zone takeaway by Armstrong & a nice feed from Robson. Branker sends one deep & then chases it down, one on one goal at 7'. Donald sets up Ferguson at the point, another goal at 17'. Bank shot off the post by Armstrong is IN at 23'. Branker gets his second goal on a fast break feed from Ferguson at 34', that's five goals from five shots. Our first miss comes at 41' when Ferguson rattles the crossbar. I'm ecstatic at the half. Robson scores just 48 seconds into the half to make it 6-0. Branker hits the post after chasing down a half-field length pass at 52'. Armstrong goal disallowed for offside at 81'.

Simply incredible. Ferguson is MOM with 2 goals and 2 assists for a 9.5, Branker & Donald end up at 9.2. Our lowest rated starter was Tamer Dalton for a 7.5 and all he did was finish with a clean sheet. We scored six goals on just eight shots, with one miss off the crossbar and the other off the post.

And now the bad news: Alex Donald strained knee ligaments will keep him off the pitch for the next 7-8 weeks.

---------

January 11, 2014 (evening)

Our Reserves played a fitness friendly vs Scottish semi-pro side Tranent, winning 3-0.

Shaun Clarke nets a wicked strike from waaaaaydowntown at 4'. Niall Smith has one called back for offside at 19'. Egbeku scores in added time before the half. Just subbed on Ricketts knocks home a rebound at 62'. A delightful round of football as we outshot them 12-4, good shot selection overcomes subpar passing & possession.

RD Jack Folan will miss about a week, some dead leg issues.

----------

January 12, 2014 (afternoon)

The board has injected $325k to help with the club's running costs.