View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #528
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 22, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (6-8-9, 16th BSBN) vs Corby (11-6-8 8th BSBN)
We're a 6:4 favorite, one that could really use a win or else things are going to start getting a little uncomfortable on the league table. We're currently just 1 point clear of the drop zone but with at least 2 matches in hand on all the teams beneath us. We'll start in 4-4-2 Diamond Attack, let's try to get a goal quickly. We may have to do a lot of things quickly, as we'll see our favorite ref Scott Duncan again today. By the time he gets finished carding people we may not have any players left.

GK: Dovey
D: Deen-Contah, Seery, Seidu, Groves
MF: Sawyer, Carruthers, Janneh, Moke
F: Mutero, Clarke-Harris
Available Subs: (Giddings, Nightingale, Lobjoit, Paratore, McDonald)

13' - Groves lays a nice long free kick into the area, Seidu is onto it but shoots weakly right to the keeper. Should have done more with that.
14' - 5th foul of the match on Corby, this one gets them a yellow on the dangerous striker Williams
15' - Clarke-Harris misses an open net with a weak dribbler. Did we forget to eat breakfast today?
24' - Dangerous chance for Corby's Williams but he's ruled offside
25' - Carruthers takes a nice feed from Janneh but heads it harmless over the goal
28' - Groves fires a free kick wild & high. Another wasted opportunity
44' - Corby takes their first shot of the match

Halftime: They've dominated possession but done nothing with it. We've had several good chances but done nothing with it. I let AssMan Worthington encourage them to press on in the second half.

52' - Sub Nightingale (for Sawyer, tired) ... shift Groves to DMC ... switch to Standard
66' - Dovey comes up big with a save of a point blank blast
76' - Sub Paratore (for Janneh, knocked) ... shift Moke to MR .. switch to Counter

Full Time: Blyth 0 - Corby 0

January 28, 2014 (postmatch)
Not sure how to feel here. We played better for much of the first half but failed to capitalize on any opportunities. They pressured us hard in the latter stages of the match but we persevered. And it IS a point against a team in the upper third of the table. I should be happy ... or at least a little happier than I am. Can't dwell on it too long however, short turnaround for another match on Saturday.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-26-2014 at 02:14 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote