View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #552
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 1, 2014 (morning)

Whaddya know, I finished second in the BSBN Manager of the Month awards (behind Gainsborough's Andy Cale).

March 1, 2014 (mid-morning)
Our U18s played a league match vs Woking, winning 5-1.

A challenge for sure, Woking is 16-9-1 so far in U18 Group 10, this is a battle of first place vs second place in the group. They beat us 4-1 previously, dominating things after we went down a man in just the third minute.

Cresswell feeds Branker for a quick shot at 4' ... and for a quick 1-0 lead. Almost got another one at 17, denied by a quick save. 27' Ferguson sends a cross into the box but it's intercepted ... and bounces off the defender for an own goal & a 2-0 lead. 29' Musungu lobs a pass from the byline into the box, it finds trialist O'Halloran for a 3-0 lead. 43' Ferguson to Branker for his second goal of the half and a 4-0 lead at the half. 57' Musungu clears the area with a very long ball, O'Halloran catches up to it but is one-on-three ... he shoots and scores anyway. They get one back at 63'. A penalty at 84' gives Branker a chance for the hat trick but he's denied by the post.

Yeah, didn't see that coming. Fun though. They outshot us 14-8 but on target shots were 5-2 in our favor. O'Halloran (8.8) is MOM.