View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #735
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Grats!

My wife wants a third pretty badly and I am digging my heels in for fear of ending up with twins.

No advice on twinse per say, but when my daughter was born my son had just turned 3. What we did was make him a helper and think he was doing importan jobs, that got him involved.

Also, one thing we did that I think was huge, when he came to the hospital for the first time after the baby was born we made sure my wife and I weren't holding the new baby. I think it was important to reinforce that we were still mommy and daddy and the new baby hadn't taken his place. We also got a gift for him to bring to the hospital for her. I think those 2 things really started it out the right way. He now loves his sister and has almost no jealous or attention seeking moments.

Now that she is getting close to old enough to play with his stuff we'll see if it lasts.

Thanks. Ours is too young to have any idea why mommy has a big belly and is tired all the time but by the time they are born he should be more cognizant. I am hoping that actually makes it easier. He broke his leg a few months ago and my wife and I have worried about all sorts of stuff but he just walked around with the cast on like nothing happened.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote