View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #30
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

November 9, 2013

FA Cup match at home as we are playing Staines. We are favored in the match and I want us to leave no doubt. We are starting to get a little more support back from the fans from when I first got here but another FA Cup win could help.

Lineup
GK - Coughlin
DR - Clarke
DCR - Artell
DCL - Clowes
DL - Ashton
DM - Mezague
MCR - Carrington
MCL - Harris
AMR - Thornton
AML - Miller
STC - Bishop

Subs - Mayebi, Joksts, Watson, Ormerod, Naylor, Tomassen, Durrell

1st Half
33' - Striker Callum Willock gets his head on a corner near the far post and into our goal to give them a 1-0 lead after we have been carrying the play

We hang on after a late flurry by Staines and go into the locker down 1-0 at the half.

2nd Half
0' - I bring Durrell in for Thornton who was shown a yellow in the first half and was playing too cautiously ever since
47' - Harris finds Bishop with a great forward pass; Bishop fires a shot clean off the left post and out; we still trail 1-0
56' - Coughlin makes a great save on a cross but Willock is there to beat him on the rebound to give them a 2-0 lead; the fans are not happy
56' - I bring Joksts in for Clowes who has been struggling and I bring Ormerod in for Mezague and move him up next to Bishop
72' - Willock finds the end of a cross on a counter attack and we trail 3-0.
86' - Victims of another counter as Willock finds Melligan in the box for the one touch goal, 4-0...

Final whistle and we are eliminated from the FA Cup in embarrassing fashion.

Callum Willock is man of the match with the hat trick and a 9.70 rating.

I blame myself for that loss, I over-reacted to the early goals and didn't manage the team well.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote