View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #724
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I play FMC. I'd love to play FM-full-fat, but I don't have that kind of time anymore. It's still plenty immersive to me, and I still get to buy and sell players, set up tactics, watch and manage games - the important stuff (to me).

Here are some differences:
  • No more player interaction, including team talks. These always amounted to "small nudges" in performance, to me, so I haven't missed them much, and they make matches (in particular) move much faster.
  • No more media interaction. Not entirely true as before/after big games and after making a significant signing they'll ask you one question, but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay less, and not a big loss to me.
  • No more individual training. Yes, you can no longer min-max the development of a player, but frankly I don't care. It also appears to me that the player will get developed in the direction of the role in which you're playing him (i.e. Ball-Winning Midfielder, Central Defender, etc...), which is all I really wanted anyway.
  • You can instantly sim matches if you want (and set up "match plans" for your assistant to use during that match, if you want). I only use this for friendlies, but it's a HUGE plus, as I hated scheduling 4-6 pre-season friendlies and then having to manage them all.
  • Your only staff are Director of Football (who you can ask to sign / sell / release players, or not use at all), Assistant Manager (who offers some advice and apparently has some effect on training effectiveness), Head Physio (obvious), Chief Scout (obvious) and Head of Youth Development (also probably obvious). With this you get rid of all the guessing on coaches & training, and you can't min-max scouting any more (which always annoyed me), so no big loss, again, to me.

I think those are the big points. Oh, and Match Preparation no longer matters, which is kinda nice.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote