View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #727
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Question. I have casually played FM many times but for one reason or another I never stuck to it. I am playing FMC. Playing as Chelsea as I read elsewhere for somebody not too familiar with the game (both video and real) it is recommended to play a good, rich club to get a feel for the game. Played one season and won the Premier by one point in the 83rd minute of the final game. Was tense. So I am now starting the off-season and I have a couple questions related to signing/releasing players.

1.) What is the best way to offload players in the game. Is Transfer Listing players all you simply have to do or is that not really effective. Do you aggressively use the Offer Player to Clubs thing, as in every day? Some players I am planning on getting rid of are decent youth guys who I should get a bite, players like Petr Cech who should draw plenty of attention, David Luiz as well, but then there are players like Ashley Cole whose wages and age may make it harder, or players like Torres and Ba who didn't play but a few appearances (or 0 for Ba) who I probably should have tried to offload from the get go. Who the fuck will buy Torres with his high wages and being 30.

2.) At which point do you just offer somebody on a free transfer instead of hoping you get paid.

e: Oh and something kinda of related but not really. I play with wages being annual instead of weekly. Probably because as an American sports follower it just seemed weird to see weekly wages and I couldn't really put in context what was high and low. That doesn't change anything, right? As it is just a different way of viewing the same information.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-10-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote