View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 10:51 AM   #754
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I don't mind needing to understand what type of tactic my coach is running, I just wish he could choose the tactic and then I could go research it. I feel like it could be handled with some kind of meeting when either I am hired or I hire a new coach. He could ask a small series of questions about what type of team I'd like to see which could then lead him to pick a tactic and assign my players to the positions and roles. Then I could read up on that specific tactic and understand what it's trying to accomplish (would be even awesomer if this could be in-game but I don't mind hitting the internet for that).

There's actually been a lot of discussion in the SI Tactics forum about this, including key moderators (including the guy involved in the creation of the current Tactic Creator), of some sort of mechanism you'd be able to "test" a tactic you made and get realistic feedback about it, in-game.

So, you'd create a tactic, then get it "analyzed" or something and the engine would spit things back at you like "Your forwards are going to be isolated, suggest you do X instead."

This would be in keeping with some of the other changes they've made to tactics such as a) going to named roles (and more and more of them) and b) getting rid of sliders.

So, keep your hopes up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I'm pretty sure there aren't any. You can pick whichever tactic you want with no penalty.

This is 100% correct.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote