View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #764
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I've been constantly getting 2 dubious messages:

1 "We are being over-run in midfield!" Really? So 65% possession isn't good enough to win?

2 "You should put men at the posts on corners." And how would that help? Since the team has not allowed ONE SINGLE goal off a corner in 25+ games, what is the issue?

This is one of the biggest gripes I have with FM -- bad advice from the staff. Just before the Xmas break, the AssMan said, "The team captain must be changed!" So I saved, changed him and watched half the team get royally pissed off. Reloaded, of course, but WTF SI?

Or the AssMan warning that I needed to pick a backup tactic just before the season started. All that did was prevent the team from getting to Fluid in the only tactic I needed to play. Gave up on that game.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote