College Prospect

28 September 2013

Dudelange 1-1 Rosport

Flat 4-4-2
GK: Derix
D: Kirch, Siebenaler, Maiget, Bernard
M: Betorangal, Jans, Pazos, Ferreira
ST: Schiltz, Laroche

We last faced Dudelange in the finals of the Luxembourg Cup last spring, and we beat them, 1-0. This time, at their grounds, we drew, and it was as even a match as the scoreline would indicate.

We weren't as active offensively as we were in the last match, but I think that had more to do with the opposition than our formation.

Joel Kitenge scored for them at 37', and Laurent Schiltz equalized at 59'. Both goals were more the result of errors by defenders than anything else. Schiltz's goal went in off the crossbar, and Kitenge's "strike" looked like Uncle Bill kicking off his slipper.

Joel Pedro, their good young midfielder, drew a second red card and was sent off on 83', but it was too late for us to take much advantage of the situation.

I've been rotating Yannick Derix and Jeff Oster in goal, and it seems like poor Yannick keeps drawing the tougher opponents. Our next two fixtures are both good sides--Swift Hesparange (5th) and Petange (3rd). We play Swift on our grounds, so I might give Derix that start and use Oster away to Petange.

This result, combined with Petange's 0-1 loss to Differdange, put Dudelange in second, one point (17) behind us (18).
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote