View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #106
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

12.6 @ Perseta(3-2-1, 4th) We're even-money favorites on the road as the oddsmakers are starting to shift our way. Patay is back, and Perseta have four players out injured which certainly doesn't help their cause. The young trio will go up front, Sutanto/Bayhaqi/Akbar with Yogi taking a rare day off(at least from starting).

3' -- Sharply contested balls in midfield early going both ways. Akbar leads Bayhaqi into the area but Guntur tackles it out before anything can come of it. We worked on set pieces all week and Bayhaqi goes near post, Muda is open with just enough of an angle to poke it in!! Well worth the effort it seems, as we score early to go up 1-0! We've been monsters on corners lately after getting jack from them the last couple of years, a lot of that is on Bayhaqi who excels at them.

6' -- We can't get anything good and a long shot by Akbar isn't close.

7' -- Sutanto to Bayhaqi who is close but tough angle and it's blocked out. So far we are totally dominating this match.

Just as I say that, they start putting the pressure on us a lot more and our chances dry up.

18' -- Yellow on Rifai for impeding Saragih. A wide freekick, comes back to Bayhaqi and they foul again, almost getting carded again. Nothing comes of it, they are playing sound positionally and making it difficult for us to find space.

They come down, Antariska draws Patay wide and crosses, Muda is there with Galuh but misjudges it and he's got an easy volley from just outside the box. Tie match, 1-all!

Muda is a good DC, but he makes a frustrating amount of mistakes like that one. Syarif didn't react well to that either and looked to be out of position.

20' -- We come right back down, Bayhaqi to Saragih in from the right, tackled away but it's to the foot of Sutanto, blocked by a defender and out. He was right at the edge of the box, that was a score if he could have hit it a split-second earlier.

A couple of impatient blasts by Akbar achieve nothing. He's getting an early seat if he keeps this up.

34' -- They've had more than their share of possession, we're in for a fight today and no doubt about it. Saragih to Bayhaqi to Akbar, excellent patient play as both of them could have shot, his cross-angle try is pretty well placed but didn't have enough on it and Tanujaya makes the save.

41' -- Galuh comes free up the right side of the area, excellent patience and positioning there by Syarif to block any angle off and make the save. Corner, Kombo makes the header in traffic but Saputro is there with a volley from 15 ... that hit somebody in the box traffic and doesn't get through, Patay with a nice tackle to get it out.

HT -- Both sides pressing and getting sloppy, but they've had the better of it the last twenty minutes or so. A few players don't look like they are really having their best day but Sutanto probably the worst, I slot Yogi in to try and shake things up.

48' -- They get a quick corner, Saragih and [/b]Yogi[/b] combine to get rid of it.

57' -- After a rough first ten minutes it looks like we are ready to start getting back into the game again. Then an amazing play, Ariawan with a wicked curling cross that had some serious velocity, Yuli with a half-volley just inside the area, bangs off the crossbar. That didn't score but had some serious wow factor, I've never seen a play like that in First Division and we didn't even have time to react.

60' -- Ariawan is carded for fouling Yarangga, that looked like a blatant dive to me.

61' -- We get a corner, can't get near it but it's out for a second try. A couple headers near the box are contested but we get nothing substantive.

We hold it in, Yogi from an angle on the right, rifles it but it's off the post. Akbar is first to it, about ten yards out and hits the open net! 2-1, and we're back in front!!

64' -- Setiawan comes clear in the area, taking way too much time to seemingly set, take out his camera, adjust the lens, and Herlan tackles it away, Kombo getting to it first for the clearance. Dodged one there.

They hold it in, pretty long try from the left side is wide by Afandi.

69' -- Another corner, Yogi will try this one, swings it out deep and Saputra misses from an angle. For a guy who basically never scores, Saputra's taken a lot of shots with mean intention behind them for us.

72' -- Some good passing results in a long shot by Bayhaqi but he's wide left.

73' -- They come down and get a header from the edge of the box, good reflexes by Syarif to get a hand on it and it's a corner. Setiawan with a header just yards from the goal, somehow Syarif blocks that one and Saragih heads it off the line! They should have tied it there.

I go to our five at the back defensive strategy, which I haven't yet used this year. Prasetyo is on and Akbar takes a shot. Galuh gets one off before the change, long shot that hooks well left. They are really throwing it at us right now.

76' -- Yogi up the middle for Bayhaqi, up the right side of the area but not even close with that try, should have at least made them stop the shot.

77' -- Long shot by Seriawan, pushed away by Syarif.

82' -- Cross by Hartono, Ariawan open from an angle on the right and Syarif can't get over, easy score! It's 2-all ... frustrating, but they've played well enough to earn a draw so it's hard for me to get too upset about it.

I switch to counter, wanting to take any chances that might present themselves.

84' -- Long freekick for Herlan, about a mile wide and high.

85' -- Umbas trips Bayhaqi, another yellow.

89' -- We hit them on the break, Saragih heads a long pass to Saputra, angles to Yogi, right up the gut to Bayhaqi. He pauses, looks like he's about to do something stupid, then quickly chips it over the keeper's left shoulder before he can get his hands to it! It's in there, and we're back in front 3-2!!

Don't blow it again. Please don't blow it again, we've already lost two leads today.

90' -- Excellent recovery by Herlan to head out a ball and break up their first push, then Saputra gives it back but they can't do anything with it. Another nice header by Herlan ... Saputra with another ... Yogi is flying up the middle ... and puts it about a foot wide left. Great chance to put this one away there.

93' -- Angled shot by Bayhaqi is out for a corner, great way to waste time at least. It's scrambled around and cleared, and they never get it back.

FT -- We win 3-2 in a match we probably shouldn't have, definitely the best of the year so far and really a hard-fought contest. I have a few words for Kombo who wasn't good today, he doesn't react well to that sort of thing. Our lead is now eight points, which is pretty significant at this point.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote