View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 05:02 AM   #107
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

12.12 vs. Persipur(0-4-3, 12th) Big favorites(1-6) at home against the last-place side in our group, but they're better than the record looks and they're going to beat somebody eventually: a differential of only -4 is better than the other clubs at the bottom of the table. There's a logjam at the bottom of the table and a lot of clubs getting desperate right now.

They play a direct 4-1-2-2-1, so it'll be a case of who handles the midfield turnover situation best. That's what we're good at.

4' -- Herlan to Sutanto up the left side, very good cross in to Yogi with an open volley just outside the box. Should have been automatic but Susanto managed to block it away as he didn't angle it enough. Saragih eventually ran on the rebound, tipped wide. Impressive display by Susanto, but Yogi should have put that first one away and usually does.

A half-volley from Herlan off the corner was wildly off-target.

12' -- Bayhaqi to Sutanto a bit inside, he's got room and turns to fire ... off the right post! That was probably good enough to score a few inches to the left. A bad throw-in is taken by Bayhaqi, we work it around and a deep cross gives Yogi a header, which loops just over.

15' -- Oh. My. Goodness. Saragih comes up to far, recovers but they center for Septian who's right on top of the near post, easy score. We're down 0-1 at home! That was on Patay who got caught sleeping.

21' -- Saputra puts one upfield, Bayhaqi's behind the defense but can't control it quickly enough and Susanto cuts down the angle and blocks his attempt.

We can't keep getting chances like this and not win ... right??

23' -- Off a corner, Sutanto tries to thread one through traffic but it's blocked out.

27' -- Close freekick for Herlan, doesn't put a lot on it but it's perfectly places in the right corner, Susanto leaps but can't get it! Ok, tied up again. I can start breathing a bit. A bit.

31' -- Some loose passing turns it over, they come down and Septian tries one from distance after the traffic clears. Routine save for Syarif.

33' -- Angled shot by Saragih goes high. We're not passing well enough right now to take advantage of the fact that we are dominating the ball.

44' -- Widyatmoko misses from well outside.

HT -- I tell them to keep playing and the result will come. A draw is not acceptable here. Saragih's made a lot of mistakes but also won a lot of headers and done some good things ... I save all my subs for now and see how the next bit shakes out.

46' -- Yogi is wide with a quick shot.

Turnover, Bayhaqi up to Yogi, floats it over the keeper ... it worked, but floated a bit too much.

[b]52'[b/] -- Saputra is wide with a sharp-angle look. A lot of sloppy passing right now, we're just not executing.

56' -- Easy save by Syarif on a long shot.

62' -- Muda in for Patay, Ewangin on for Bayhaqi. Mostly I'm just trying to shake things up, but fresh legs never hurt. We've got half an hour and we need a score. I tell them both to get out there and make a difference, and they bring a lot of energy immediately.

Septian crosses for Widyatmoko, blasts one into the corner of the net from 18, and we're down 1-2. That's not the kind of energy I had in mind, it's his first score of the year.

66' -- Long, and stupid, shot by Yogi goes into orbit.

70' -- Deep cross, bobbled by Susanto and it almost goes in for Saragih. We get a corner, headed out for a second. Sutanto to Prasetyo near post, he's close but can't get it through the bodies.

78' -- Saragih crosses, deflected off some people, Yogi's half-volley is deflected off someone for another corner. Nothing.

79' -- Another corner. Muda goes up in a crowd, close at the far post ... he can't get it. Out for another corner. Long header by Sutanto is cleared off the line. A scrum, and Prasetyo is called for a foul.

We are running out of time.

85' -- Saputra to Ewangin, lays it off to Sutanto for a shot ... blocked out for a corner by Susanto.

Nothing.

87' -- A bad header gives us a possibilty, then bad pass by Ewangin gives it back. Moments later, a chip by Yarangga that came out of nowhere is well wide. We're playing like a team that can't believe we are losing.

90' -- Freekick from deep by Ewangin, Sutanto is there in front for the easy score ... no, it's disallowed!! They call him offside ... that was a bang bang play he broke at the right time I thought ... we go nuts with our protestations and get nowhere.

92' -- Last chance. Long ball by Saputra into the area, but nobody's home.

FT -- After 10 straight wins, seven to start this year, we fall at home to winless Persipur by a 1-2 count. Nobody in the post-game team huddle was having any fun, and Saragih was singled out for an extra helping of my rage.

A record 401 fans came ... and left angry.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote