View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #849
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Are these new players? Could make sense if assuming that a better scout would see and bring in better players.

Youth pull occurred before that scout was hired (I literally found him days later, my guess is that he's a regen of an uberscout or something). He was Obscure, so I snatched him up for three years at $25/wk. Prior to him the highest rated scout even willing to discuss terms with my minnow had a current ability of 9.

What's making this hard for me to get my head around is a lack of experience with mods & such, I don't know if that has anything to do with things or not (afaik the mod only touched league structure, players are generated the same way as always ... right?)

From that group, according to my scout at least, I got
4.5/5.0 players at DR, AMC and ST, a 4.0/5 DL and MC. All 14 y/o.

That's with poor youth facilities, basic junior coaching and basic youth recruitment.

And yes, I'm looking at them in the context of the senior squad, not the U18s.

Meanwhile, several young players (15-17 y/o) who were rated 3.5 to 5.0 for Ability last year by the previous scout are now 1.5 to 2.5, or in a case or two have dropped from 2.5 yellow to 3.0 blue. And they've played like ass in friendlies after being solid starters to outright stars last season.

Similar trends, not as extreme as far as I can tell, exist with other clubs in the league that I've looked at.

It just feels ... broken.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-27-2014 at 12:53 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote