View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #2043
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
my problem was portion sizes + lack of exercise. How have these last 7 months gone for you?

I really fit into the standard keto concepts around insulin resistance and hunger and fat storage. Even eating healthy carbs I could never keep my appetite under control. On keto my blood sugar is always consistent, and I'm just almost never hungry and not limited by the need to eat which is just an amazing feeling as a diabetic. Feeling that steady and good all the time makes it really easy to stick to it and not cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Any issues with finding foods or anything like that?

Not really. I'm not someone who cares a lot about variety though, so I eat the same breakfast with bacon and eggs every single day and never tire of it, etc. Same thing with rotating burgers/pork chops/chicken of some sort for dinner with some occasional fish or steak or roast mixed in.

The times I have gotten a little bored or wanted something new I've never had trouble finding an interesting recipe. Every so often someone will post on the keto subreddit with like a giant imgur album of all the awesome things they're eating, but most of the time I highly prefer "simple and repetitive" over "time consuming but unique"

Peanut Butter Cups - Keto-Style Fat Bombs FTW | screwed on straight

That recipe fixes any sweet cravings I have. I don't get cravings much anymore at all, but I do like keeping those peanut butter cups around and having one a day as a little treat w/o carbs. I did experiment with some other desserts here and there, mainly cheesecake type stuff, but a lot of those recipes use things like sugar free jello for flavor that has a bit of an aftertaste that I don't like.

Quote:
I've been following the keto reddit (not sure if you have seen it) and a lot of my motivation comes from the progress pictures people post.

Yep, I spend a fair bit of time there. I like helping the newbies there since I remember being a little overwhelmed and having a lot of simple questions at the start. The never-ending stream of progress posts is really great too. There's a bit of a cult-like atmosphere that bothers me at times, but those threads are easy enough to ignore

reddit.com/r/ketorecipes is also good if you're looking for new things to try.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote