View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #119
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

ST Samir Pace recovered from injury, went into a U18 match, and got hurt again immediately. He's going to miss 3-4 months. Its now December, so that puts him out until March'ish.

End of Season Team Meeting

I tell the team to enjoy their break, and to be ready when they come back because we are aiming to promote next season.

-- DC Galvis (our captain) has a good response, saying that its a challenge but we can do it.

-- MC Shakespeare is cautious and thinks that's an awful ot of pressure.

-- I re-iterate that we can absolutely achieve promotion if we play our best.

-- Backup MC Sandoval agrees about our expectations being fine.

-- Overall, 5 players had a good reaction to my expectations, while 9 had a bad reaction. Notable poor reactions came from Shakespeare, Rose, Gyan, and Mora. The negatives far outweighed the positives here, I'll have to be careful of that in the future.

Yearly training summary

Backup GK Phil Harrington and DL David Campbell are noted for having the best training performances throughout the year.

Pre-Season Start

I can bring the players back on 12/29, 1/5, or 1/12. I choose the middle option, 1/5/15, which will give us a 5 week long preseason.

Transfer Embargo

-- Because of the impending takeover of the team, we're not allowed to bring in any transfers. They're all free anyway!

North American Open Cup

New England beats Seattle in a thrilling 5-4 match to win the biggest domestic competition in the US.

Tax Bill

We pay around $75,000 in taxes based on making a profit of $250k.

Jersey Sponsorship

We sign a 2 year sponsorship deal worth $9,750 per year.

Takeover Cancelled

The consortium that was looking to take over Wake Forest has backed out. This was over about a 2 week period from the transfer embargo.

Our transfer embargo is lifted. Its not quite Christmas, we'll start dealing with all this in early January.

Financial Update

-- Wake Forest have announced a profit of $250,000 for the last year, "a staggering 78% of their turnover"

That was more than I thought I'd be cramming into this post. Its now December 31st and transfer windows are open. Its still a week until we get our players back from vacation, but its about time to start planning for the new season.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote