View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 06:17 AM   #149
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

11.13 -- Fabian Yogi suffers a thigh strain during a friendly as we have a two-week break. A month for him.

11.20 vs. PSBK(2-1-2, 5th) Tight 6-4 favorites, but my confidence is shot and the team's morale is doing well to stay decent. We did make one change, putting more training time into match preparation on the advice of Sitanggang We have been doing less of that than past years ... but other than our last match I don't think it's been an issue, the issue is we haven't put the ball in the net. Last year we split the meetings with PSBK, one win and one loss.

GK: Syarif
D: Kiwak/Muda/Saragih/Syawindra
M: Wahyono/Pradana/Saputra ** First start of the year for Saputra
A: Bayhaqi/Yendra/Bayu

4' -- Very sloppy start, an angled shot is rolled in to Syarif and I'm glad that's all we gave up. Back the other way, Wahyono finds an open Bayu in the area and I expect an offside call ... none comes and he left-foots it just inside the post, we take the lead 1-0! They don't complain but I still think he was offside ... oh wait there's the call. Wow that was a late one.

Disallowed. Too good to be true.

10' -- Bayhaqi's kick from 30 is just high. He's looking frustrated already.

18' -- Two misjudged balls and Muda has to clear one off the line, barely getting it out.

21' -- I switch to counter, they're on the ball too much. They gift Muda a header with a bad clearance, he puts it into traffic with the left side of the goal temptingly open, and it doesn't work.

25' -- After an overpassing clinic Bayu is clear from about 17 just inside, places it but wide right.

27' -- They make a couple bad clearances and we get a couple of shots right in front, Saragih the best but too many bodies in the way.

29' -- Long shot for Bayu is off the bar, they get to it first.

30' -- Bayhaqi from just inside, saved by Junianto, decent attempt there.

31' -- They push it down the right, reverse, and Umam floats one from just inside the area. Perfect placed into the top crossangle horsecrap what the heck score. Of course. 0-1

33' -- Hideously off-target long shot for Bayu.

34' -- Interception by Saragih starts another break, Bayhaqi floats a pass over their defense to Yendra, soft header has the perfect angle into the left side! One of the better-looking scoring plays I've seen, probably our best this year. We tie it up, 1-1!

35' -- Long shot by Bayu, just saved. Nice attempt. Apparently we're the threat-a-minute crew now.

[b]44'[b/] -- Long secondary header by Saputra on a corner, saved.

HT -- 10-2 shots, 4-2 on target. We need another one though. We need to win. Akbar for Bayu, Kombo for Kiwak.

46' -- Arifin catches Muda sleeping ... the one defender who's been good today, then hits a criminally soft shot from just inside that's easily saved.

49' -- Second corner of the half, sixth of the day(we've surrendered none). Zilch.

51' -- Bayhaqi just misses right on a good freekick chance.

55' -- They feed it into the area, absolute crowd, Rama somehow uncorks a rocket from 16, Syarif deflects it but not enough. How do we DO these things??? 1-2

59' -- Whole team is frustrated, which might be why Akbar the Airhead launches one from 35. No. Don't. Just don't. Don't think about ... just no. Stop. Please?!?

62' -- Umam crosses for Arfani, quick cross strong header just wide left. Nearly got us again there.

64' -- Bayhaqi to Yendra, don't know how that pass got through, he has a crack just inside the area ... but waits and slides it left to Akbar, who chips it just inside the left post! He had a better one, and we tie it up at 2-all!

66' -- Bayhaqi finds Akbar for a long-ish angled volley on the left, it's high.

68' -- Heck of a long shot by Sobari, just a bit too far inside and Syarif dives to make the play.

69' -- Completely moronic header by Saragih trying to clear, gives Arifin a wide-open volley from inside the area with Syarif out of position. 2-3

I think that's the single dumbest thing I've ever seen a defender of mine do. Against stiff competition, I might add.

72' -- Syawindra crosses for Bayhaqi, his ten-yard header never even makes it to the goal, nearly parallel to it.

74' -- Decent chance for Bayhaqi, gets nothing on it. Saved.

81' -- Sliding interception by Saragih beats out two men, Yendra has lots of options but goes full retard, long left-footed shot that still almost scores but is just high. What happened to getting a better shot on that one?

86' -- This match is ridiculous. Wahyono to Akbar on the left side, he crosses to Yendra who is double-teamed but still manages a shot ... off the post. Beats both defenders to the rebound and scores to the open net. 3-3. I need a sedative.

93' -- Syawindra to the trailingSaputra, crack at a shot from a bit of an angle ... wide left.

FT -- Yep, that's it. Do I compliment the team on their fight-back, or be pissed that we outshot them 21-7 and won most of the small battles yet barely managed a draw at home? I go with the unlucky speech, it's true and seemed fairly effective.

Only 294 watched -- attendance going in the wrong direction.

Kiwak wants to know why he was taken out, Bob is recommending caution. I tell Kiwak he needs to respect that I need to make decisions like that from time to time, and it ends with him wanting out. We will see how much he likes sitting on the bench personally, I'm not putting up with this crap from a guy who has been either injured or done nothing in the limited time at the club.

If he hasn't changed his tune(which I don't expect him to), he'll be transfer listed for the February window. But that's a couple of months out, so he's here whether I want him to be or not for a while. He'll only get time when it suits me.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote