View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My USC team in my solo dynasty is loaded. Kessler is a 90 plus QB, we have 3 90 plus WR's (as Lee came back for his senior year, plus Agholor, and Farmer.) We have a great stable of RB's. We clearly outclassed Oregon State and I struggled to beat them with the slider set we used in week 1 of this dynasty although I did eventually pull ahead for a 35-16 win.

With the set that CU Tiger posted, I played Cal who is a bit worse than Oregon State. I crushed them 35-0 at the half, 56-0 after 3 quarters when I pulled my starters and 70-7 for a final. Here were some of the key stat lines:

Kessler: 21 of 25 for 257 yards with 3 TD's 0 INT's and 4 sacks. If I tried to throw deep, time in the pocket was an issue. Most of my offense consisted of short quick passes with a few intermediate passes and 1 long bomb mixed in.

Alford (my true Freshman QB who is a pure scrambler with a strong but inaccurate arm) - 3 of 6 for 23 yards and 1 sack.

Zach Kline - a 78 rated QB for Cal who is a pocket guy mostly: 10 of 36 for 122 yards with 1 TD and 6 INT (he floated some ugly passes. Worth mentioning I don't do user interceptions. All of them were CPU interceptions.)

Tre Madden - a Power back who was completely ineffective with the harder sliders was effective with these sliders: 18 carries for 80 yards and 2 TD's with 1 fumble. He had 37 yards after contact.

Ernest Dykes - a True Freshman #1 rated player in the country with 95+ speed and acceleration - 16 carries for 106 yards and 3 TD's and 17 yards after contact.

Cory Alford - My scrambling QB has 94 acceleration and 93 speed - 8 carries for 56 yards and 6 after contact.

Bigelow (Cal's best player with a 91 rating) - 11 carries for 62 yards. They abandoned the run by late in the 2nd quarter and most of his damage was done in the 1st.

Lee - (my 99 rated WR who was also held in check with the other sliders but did well here) - 7 catches for 104 yards and a TD.

Agholor (90 rated WR) - 4 catches for 103 yards with 62 yards after the catch. 1 TD.

Farmer (91 rated WR) - 2 catches for 33 yards.

Greg Townsend (backup DE rated 88 overall as our front 7 is very highly rated but struggled in the other game with the other sliders) - 5 tackles, 3 sacks.

Leonard William (94 rated DE) - 3 tackles, 2 sacks.

Sophomore S (rated 89 overall) Su'A Cravens - 2 passes deflected and 2 INT's.

CB Kevon Seymour (rated 89 overall) - 2 Interceptons.

These sliders from CU are definitely easier. But, I think they are harder than default All-Pro and I think they are likely to be more enjoyable than the other set of sliders for the majority of players. CU's sliders have my vote for moving forward and I'm going to keep using them in my solo dynasty.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote