View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #146
Radii
Head Coach

-- Backup GK Phil Harrington comes to see me about his playing time. I tell him he's a backup and he can't expect more. He says ok. If he were to get upset I'd probably just release him and add another keeper.

May 6th, 2015

North American Open Cup - First Qualifying Round

Wake Forest Cougars vs WPB United

Attendance: 459

GK: Gyan
D: Campbell/Pickering/Burke/Varela
DM: Villa
M: Tapia/Glaser
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Pace

About half the team I run out for a 2nd match in a row, the other half gets the day off.

5': Free kick about 40 yards out, we take it short and pass it around, Glaser sends it down the right side, Cooper has to race a defender for it, he gets there first and crosses to the far post, where Davidson taps it in! 1-0

16': Very poor defending allows a simple pass ahead to a striker and a clear cut chance, that they finish. There were like 7 defenders back and only the two offensive players. 1-1

17': Cooper scores a goal but offsides apparently.

33': Glaser to Cooper who just misses a shot from the right side of th area.

39': defender Toussant with a yellow for them. Villa takes the free kick from 20 yards out, its just over.

HALF: We outshoot them 4-3, each team has 1 on target, 1 clear cut chance and 1 goal.

67': We earn a corner after a Cooper cross, they clear it but we control the ball, but can't do anything with it.

72': Perkins and Shakespeare in for Glaser and Tapia.

80': Lets try to avoid extra time here, we come out of our defensive mindset a bit.

80': Shakespeare with a free kick from 25 yards out. Its over the wall and into the upper left corner of the net! Wow! Uhh, back to defensive guys. 2-1

86': Davidson with the ball after a poor goal kick by them, he makes a run down the left side, crosses into the area, Pace gets his head to it, goal! 3-1

90': Cooper with a free kick near the left corner of the penalty area, 20 yards out. He crosses into the box, Shakespeare controls it with his chest and fires it in! 4-1

Those last 10 minutes were pretty unexpected!

Wake Forest 4 : 1 WPB United

Man of the Match: Brian Davidson (9.0)
Goals: Shakespeare 2 (8.5), Davidson, Pace (7.7)
Assists: Cooper 2 (8.5), Davidson
Notables: Gyan (7.0), Varela (7.3), Burke (7.0), Pickering (7.1), Campbell (7.1), Villa (7.2)

-- We receive $15,210 for the victory.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote