View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #152
Radii
Head Coach

-- Coggins and Jackson both resume full training. Roth is about ready to go too. A run like this would be a lot easier with those guys on the field instead of some of these 14 year olds and guys who just don't seem to produce.

May 27th, 2015

North American Open Cup - Third Qualifying Round Draw

Wake Forest Cougars vs Fredericton Fury

Attendance: 457

GK: Gyan
D: Campbell/Pickering/Galvis/Varela
DM: Williams
M: Tapia/Shakespeare
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Navarro

Back to a lineup I'm confidant can do good things.

5': They have a set piece deep in the right corner, a cross into the area, and a shot is blocked and Gyan picks up the loose ball.

12': Navarro has it 35 yards out to start the highlight, he sends it left for Davidson, a cross.. Navarro with a solid header, keeper has to dive to stop it. There's a rebound and Cooper is first to it and he buries it! 1-0

28': Following a lot of buildup down the right side, there is a strong cross and very strong shot by their striker, Gyan dives left and pushes it away.

39': Williams with a yellow.

HALF: Its quite even really, 5 shots for them, 3 for us, possession is 53/47 in our favor. I bring Villa in for Williams at the half as its pointed out that Williams is making an awful lot of mistakes today.

68': First highight of the half is a free kick from Tapia, Galvis heads it weakly forward, Navarro heads it in but he had made a run on the free kick and was offsides behind the defense.

75': One of their midfielders had picked up a yellow earlier that I didn't note... he just got a second one and we're up a man!

81': Three highlights in a row of long/poor shots from Fredericton.

82': Glaser in for Shakespeare, Varela in for Galvis.

85': I tell the team to make shorter passes, drop deeper, and play at a lower tempo.

87': Gyan comes out after a long ball ahead and he fumbles it... it falls to one of their strikers who puts it into the now empty net. 1-1

87': Take away all those orders I just gave, and attack.

89': Glaser ahead to Navarro, he finds Tapia in the area, a shot from 15 yards out, and its a goal!!! 2-1

That'll do it!

Wake Forest 2 : 1 Fredericton

I'm so happy we got to end that in 90 minutes.

Man of the Match: Jose Alejandro Tapia (7.6)
Goals: Tapia, Cooper (7.2)
Assists: Navarro (7.5)

Pickering struggled again with a 6.4 rating.

-- We receive $114,000 for the victory. This is the round we lost in last year. That one match will guarentee us a massive, massive profit on the year. How that relates to speeding up semi-pro status I don't know, but it seems important.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote