View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #34
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
The PC/Mac game is quite regularly on sale once its been out a while on Steam.

Out of interest what do you consider spending $50 on? - I'm wondering simply because for playing hours/cost I'd have thought FM is decent value for money (thats what we aim to give anyway).

Speaking as someone who's dropped $20 on the D&D Basic Set and is about to drop another $30 on the players handbook (and will do the same for DM's guide and monster manual in due course) I think computer games are great value for money

Don't get me wrong and maybe its because I'm older now, with more responsibilities, and I just don't have the time to stay up until 3 am consistently anymore telling myself "Just one more day" etc. It definitely is worth $50 considering probably the average FM person plays 50-75 hours on it, but you probably have the accurate stats on that.

However, I used to be a FM guy who would pre-buy it and now I'm on a cycle that waits for the sale and plays it until the next versions sale hits. But, I would be a $50 guy again if I was able to take my saved games and play it with the newest version (ala OOTP, and I'm a pre-sale OOTP guy)
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote